NOTE: You may not enter the same film in A. Product & Service and B. Internet Film or C. Other Film Content.
For further information and tips about entering please see the Tips for Entering Film Lions document here. In addition, ‘*’ denotes further information or examples are available in the ‘Tips’ document.
A. tv & cinema: PRODUCT & SERVICE
The Product & Service categories below are intended for film content which is designed for transmission on television or cinema. The maximum length of a film entry in these categories is 180 seconds. Should your advert be slightly over the 180 second mark, we will require a media schedule to prove the legitimacy of the advert.
You may enter each film in only one Product & Service category.
A01. Savoury foods
- Meats, fish, seafood, soups, delicatessen, fruits & vegetables, rice, pasta, pizza, sauces, mayonnaise, vinegar, oils, spices, herbs, pre-cooked & prepared meals, baby foods & baby milk, cream, butter, cheese, eggs, milk, margarine & spreads
A02. Sweet foods & snacks
- Chocolate, candy, chewing gum, potato crisps, snacks, nuts & dried fruit, sweet & savoury bars, cakes, biscuits, crackers, sugar, jam, honey, peanut butter, syrup, bread, crispbread, flour, baking ingredients, breakfast cereals, yoghurt & yoghurt drinks, desserts, ice cream
A03. Alcoholic drinks
- Beer (incl. non-alcoholic beer), cider, lager, alcopops, wine, champagne, fortified wines, spirits, liqueurs
A04. Non-alcoholic drinks
- Coffee, tea, chocolate & malt drinks, still & carbonated drinks, fruit & vegetable juices, mineral waters, flavoured milk
A05. Household: cleaning products
- Clothing detergents, fabric softeners, dishwashing detergents, cleaning products, air fresheners
A06. Household: other
- Insecticides, foil, cling film & food packaging, light bulbs, batteries (not car batteries), adhesives, fertilisers, shoe polish, kitchen roll, varnish & wood protectors, paint, kitchen rolls
A07. Home appliances & furnishings
- House & garden furniture, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, cookers, microwaves, kitchen utensils, appliances & crockery, glassware, bed & table linen, baths, showers & toilets, home decorating & building products, wall & floor coverings, doors & windows, heaters, air conditioners, lamps, torches, clocks, home security products, smoke detectors, tools, garden tools, machinery & products
A08. Cosmetics & beauty
- Make-up, skin & nail care products, perfumes, eau de toilette & aftershaves, deodorants & body sprays, shampoos & conditioners, hairspray, gel, mousse, hair-dyes, soap, shower & bath products, sun block & tanning products, hair dryers, hair straighteners, hair curlers
- Toothpastes, toothbrushes, mouthwashes, toilet paper, tampons & sanitary towels, tissues, nappies, razors & shaving products, hairbrushes, combs, wigs, hair removal products
- OTC medicines & tablets, prescription drugs, vitamins & herbal remedies, diet supplements & products, insect repellents, adhesive plasters, skin remedies, anti-hair loss lotions, condoms, pregnancy tests, other pharmaceutical products, contact lenses, hearing aids
A11. Clothing, footwear & accessories
- Day, evening & nightwear, underwear, tights & stockings, footwear, sportswear, clothing fabrics & sewing materials, jewellery, watches, luggage, handbags, fashion & designer sunglasses & spectacle frames
- Pet food & pet care products, gifts & greetings cards, pens and personal stationery, tobacco & associated products
- Including jeeps & 4-wheel drives
A14. Other vehicles, auto products, & services
- Pick-up trucks, vans, lorries, motorbikes, tyres, spare parts, accessories incl. in-car hi-fi, petrol stations, petrol, oil, breakdown & servicing companies, car dealers and car finance & leasing
A15. Home electronics & audio-visual
- Televisions, video players, blank audio & video tapes, cameras, video cameras, binoculars, film, hi-fi, personal stereos, CD players & minidiscs, MP3 players, home computers, DVD players, personal phone equipment incl. mobile phones, PDA’s, pagers (Please note mobile phone service providers should be entered in Commercial Public Services).
A16. Retail stores
- Department & specialist stores, clothing & footwear stores, store cards, supermarkets, DIY stores, drugstores, opticians, hairdressers, beauty salons, tattoo parlours, laundry service, estate agents, photo-processors, TV, video & other rental stores, mail-order companies & catalogues, online stores and auctions
A17. Restaurants & fast food outlets
- Restaurants & bars, fast food chains and outlets, cafes, coffee shops
A18. Travel, transport & tourism
- Airlines, train & bus companies, ferry & cruise lines, travel agencies, tourist boards, hotels, resorts, city & country promotion, car hire, travel passes
A19. Entertainment & leisure
- Leisure & theme parks, gyms, health & diet clubs, sporting events, music festivals, orchestras & instruments, exhibitions & shows, nightclubs, bars, museums, art galleries, cinemas & theatres, sports and outdoor equipment, bicycles, boats & caravans, toys, board games, computer games & consoles (e.g. PlayStation, Xbox, wii etc.), lotteries, gambling, golf & country clubs, sex toys, dating services, social networking sites (e.g. Facebook)
A20. Publications & media
- Newspapers, magazines, books, records, CDs, cassettes, DVDs, TV & radio stations, networks & programmes
A21. Banking, investment & insurance
- Banks, building societies, credit cards, current & savings accounts, mortgages & loans, investment companies, personal, health & building insurance, car insurance, pension & retirement plans, real estate investment
A22. Business equipment & services
- Employment agencies, business computers & software, photocopiers, fax machines, business phone equipment, office furniture & stationery (Please note: pens and highlighters should be entered in Miscellaneous), office cleaning services, courier services, advertising agencies & production companies, use of advertising, website design, awards competitions, stock footage libraries
A23. Commercial public services
- Telecommunications services, internet service providers, cable, satellite TV and video-on-demand providers, Yellow Pages, directories, postal services, electricity, gas, power & water companies, private healthcare & clinics, private schools & colleges, correspondence courses, private practices (e.g. legal, architectural & landscaping services)
A24. Corporate image
- Non-product-based company image, competition & event sponsorship, Christmas messages, company mergers, flotations & relocation
A25. Broadcast idents & sponsorships*
- TV programme sponsorships, channel idents
- If your ident is shorter than 15 seconds, you can submit multiple idents, up to 15 seconds, as 1 entry. Black slates for at least 1 second must be included between each ident, with three seconds of black at either end. This group of edits should be edited together and submitted as a single file.
- Any ident that is longer than 15 seconds constitutes 1 entry and must be entered and paid for as a single entry.
- For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A26. Public health & safety
- Anti-smoking, anti-drugs, anti-drink-driving, road safety, health, hygiene, Aids awareness, gambling addiction
A27. Public awareness messages
- Political & religious messages, unions, associations, environmental awareness, government & forces recruitment, state education, racial, ethnic & disability awareness, sex equality
A28. Fundraising & appeals
- Charities, funds, volunteers, blood & organ donation
The INTERNET FILM (B) and OTHER FILM CONTENT (C) categories below are intended for film content which has been created for transmission on screens other than TV or cinema. It is understood that there will be occasions when films intended for the internet, mobile or other screens are eventually shown on TV
B. INTERNET FILM*
For INTERNET FILM entries, there is no time limit. However, any submissions longer than 3 minutes must be submitted in their entirety as well as an excerpt/edit that is under 3 minutes
If your entry file is large in size (i.e. over 400mb), please contact email@example.com for further information
(Note: The Internet Film categories exclude films that were originally created and designed for TV or cinema transmission and which have subsequently been posted on the internet. Such films should be entered in the Product & Service ‘A’ categories above)
B01. Viral Film*
- Original online film content designed and created for widespread distribution through online sharing. An additional excerpt/edit with a duration of 180 seconds or less must be provided if the submission exceeds 3 minutes. As part of the entry please provide the number of hits/views. You will also be required to supply the URL that hosts the film.
B02. Long format Internet Film
- Original long format film content designed and created for online airing. An additional excerpt/edit with a duration of 180 seconds or less must be provided.
B03. Short format Internet Film
- Original film content and standard duration advertising designed and created for online airing. Submissions in this category should have a duration of 180 seconds or less.
B04. Branded Content Internet Film
- Original film content designed and created for online airing which showcases its brands and gives the client the majority of content ownership. An additional excerpt/edit with duration of 180 seconds or less must be provided if the entry exceeds 3 minutes.
B05. Internet Film Series*
- Original film content designed and created for online airing. Each episode must be submitted and paid for individually. However, only when it is essential that all episodes are viewed as a whole for the purposes of narrative and plot, can all contributing episodes be edited together to form a single sequence. A single entry and digital file can then be submitted. An additional excerpt/edit with duration of 180 seconds or less must be provided if the submission exceeds 3 minutes.
C. OTHER FILM CONTENT
For OTHER FILM CONTENT entries, there is no time limit. However, any submissions longer than 3 minutes must be submitted in their entirety as well as an excerpt/edit that is under 3 minutes.
C01. Other screens
- Original film content designed and created for any other screens. Eg. Digital outdoor solutions, mobile phones, branded content on TV and cinema showcasing its brands (programming which gives the client the majority of content ownership).
C02. Integrated film
- Original film content designed and created to be implemented or displayed on at least three different screens. E.g. TV, cinema, internet, mobile, digital billboard etc.
- All executions must originate from one idea but will have been adapted to suit different screen applications. Therefore there should be three different edits of the advert. Please supply all the different versions of your film, and include the type of screen in the title of each version, e.g. "Dog - TV", "Dog - Mobile", "Dog - Internet". Please use a single black slate with white text for each title. These 3 edits should be edited together to form 1 sequence – a single digital file must be submitted.
- Entrants need to give detailed information in the English synopsis field about where and when the different versions were shown
C03. Interactive film
- Original film content designed and created for interactive screens for any product or service. Entries in this category must be submitted as a single example of a user-journey through the interactive film from start to finish. If the film is longer than 3 minutes, a shorter edit of less than 3 minutes is required for judging purposes. Additionally, a 2 minutes case film describing the interactive steps should also be submitted. It should be clearly demonstrated how the viewer was able to interact with the medium.