It is not a substitute for reading the full entry rules, terms and conditions, which can be found here.
- The entry has launched / aired / run within the relevant eligibility dates for the Lion it is entered into.
- The entry has been created within the context of a normal paying contract and genuine brief from a brand OR, if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the brand has approved all the media / production / implementation.
- You have permission to enter this entry from the commissioning brand or brand-owning company. We may request proof of this permission directly from the brand.
- You have included the brand contact details in the entry including name, position and full contact details.
- The entry has been submitted exactly as published / aired / released / launched.
- The entry is not speculative or conceptual advertising and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
- A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairperson) from your company has given permission for this entry to be entered.
- The entry was not entered to the same Lion last year. You may be able to enter the entry into an alternative Lion, provided it meets the relevant entry requirements, including the eligibility period requirements
- There is no reference to the entrant company or any contributing companies in any digital or physical materials or in the written submission, except in the case of self-promotion.
- The entry, and/or digital or physical materials can be understood in English. (For further information click here.)
- You understand that, if you withdraw your entry on or after 13 March 2020, you will not receive a refund. Please see Part A of the Rules for more information on cancellations, refunds and withdrawals.
- If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form before 1 May 2020.
- All media included in your entry must be the final version at the point that you complete and pay for them. No replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival without exception.
- By submitting an entry you confirm that you own all applicable legal rights for all media included in your entry.
- You have entered the entry into no more than six Lions, excluding Titanium Lion.
If you’re unable to meet all the requirements on this list, your entry may be ineligible for the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity 2020. Failure to meet all these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.
Is your work eligible for the Festival?
To ensure that work judged at the Festival is fresh and reflective of the good ideas that drive the industry forward it is important we structure the competition with eligibility dates.
To be eligible your entry must have aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 March 2018 and 30 April 2019 (the “eligibility period”) or
- if a campaign began before the eligibility period (before 1 March 2018), a minimum of two thirds of the campaign implementation must fall within the eligibility period;
- if you are entering a campaign that has run over two or more years, you will need to provide proof of the campaign’s evolution from year to year (we have the right to decide if the entry has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry);
- if you are entering a ‘Campaign of Executions’ (e.g. for Print & Publishing, Outdoor, Film, Film Craft, Industry Craft, and Radio & Audio entries), the whole campaign must fall within the eligibility period; and
- If you are showcasing a continuation of a campaign that aired before the eligibility period then you must clearly show how the campaign has progressed (we have the right to decide if the entry has progressed sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry).
Eligibility for Creative Effectiveness
To be eligible your work must have won or been shortlisted at the Festival in 2016, 2017 or 2018.
Note: The same piece of work cannot be submitted into the same Lion in consecutive years. However, providing the eligibility dates are met, you may enter the work into an alternative Lion.