1.1 This Refunds/Cancellations Policy, which is part of the Rules which govern the Festival, sets out the circumstances in which an Entrant Company may withdraw its participation from the Festival.
1.2 This Refunds/Cancellations Policy should be read in conjunction with all other Rules (the full suite of which can be found here). Capitalised terms in the Official Policy shall have the meaning given to them in the Festival's Terms and Conditions (which can be found here), although some of those definitions are replicated at Section 8 of this Refunds / Cancellation Policy.
2. HOW TO WITHDRAW ENTRIES?
2.1 Entrant Companies may notify Ascential Events (Europe) Limited ("Ascential Events") of their desire to withdraw their Entries by the following methods only:
2.2 Ascential Events reserves the right to disregard any other form of notification of an Entrant Company's desire to withdraw its Entries.
3. ENTRANT COMPANY WITHDRAWALS BEFORE 23 MARCH 2017 – REFUND OF ENTRY FEE
3.1 If an Entrant Company withdraws their Entries before 23 March 2017 for any reason, Ascential Events will refund that Entrant Company, after the Cannes Lions 2017 festival on receipt of a refund request to email@example.com, the Entry Fee paid less a processing fee of €160.
3.2. For the avoidance of doubt, if Ascential Events withdraws the Entry before 23 March 2017 for any of the reasons set out in Section 6 of this Refunds/Cancellation Policy, the Entrant Company will not receive any refund.
4. ENTRANT COMPANY WITHDRAWALS AFTER 23 MARCH 2017 – NO REFUND OF ENTRY FEE
4.1 If an Entrant Company withdraws their Entries after 23 March 2017, the Entrant Company will not receive any refund of the Entry Fee for any reason whatsoever.
5. CHANGES TO CATEGORY / SECTION
5.1 Entrant Companies may, before May 1 2017, change the Category or Section of the Cannes Lions Awards that their Entry has been entered into.
5.2. In the event that an Entrant Company requests a change of Category or Section, the Entrant Company will:
- not be eligible for any refund in respect of any price difference between Entry Fees payable for the original Category or Section and the new Category or Section. However, any price difference will be credited to that Entrant Company for use against payment for Entry Fees for other Entries in the same year's Cannes Lions Awards;
- be required to pay any additional amount in respect of any price difference between Entry Fees payable for the original Category or Section and the new Category or Section.
5.3 Where an Entrant Company has entered a piece of work into the same Category or Section of the Cannes Lions Awards more times than permitted (please check each Category or Section for details), the Entrant Company will not be eligible to receive any refund. However, the Entrant Company will be able to use the funds paid for those Entry Fees to: (i) move the work to another Category or Section, (ii) to enter a new piece of work in its place, or (iii) against payment for Entry Fees for other Entries in the same year's Cannes Lions Awards.
6. REMOVALS BY ASCENTIAL EVENTS – NO REFUND
6.1. Entrant Companies must comply with the Rules in full. Ascential Events will not provide any refund to any Entrant Company whose Entry fails to comply with the Rules (including, for the avoidance of doubt, the rules which set out the conditions for eligibility for an Entry).
6.2 Ascential Events will not give any refunds where an Entry is ineligible and is therefore removed by Ascential Events, including by reason of:
- the work having aired outside of the eligibility dates;
- the work having never aired publically;
- the work having been entered into any previous year's Cannes Lions Awards;
- the work having as its subject matter product/work which is a prototype/not commercially available;
- the Entrant Company having failed to receive permission from the relevant client before submission of the Entries; or
- lack of authorisation to enter the work.
6.3 Ascential Events may remove an Entry without any refund to the Entrant Company if:
- Ascential Events deems, in its absolute discretion, the Entry to be offensive or culturally insensitive;
- the work which constitutes the Entry was banned or withdrawn from airing;
- the Entry is missing required media/results/information and the Entrant Company refuses to provide the information within a reasonable period of time (where reasonable period of time is to be determined in Ascential Events's absolute discretion).
7. WITHDRAWALS WHICH WILL RECEIVE A CREDIT FOR CANNES LIONS AWARDS 2018
7.1. In the event that Ascential Events receives two Entries in the same Category or Section of the Cannes Lions Awards from different Entrant Companies (e.g. if a Production Company enters the same piece of work that an Agency has already submitted), the Entry Fee paid by the second Entrant Company (i.e. the Entrant Company which submitted its Entry later in time) may be used by that Entrant Company to: (i) move the work to another Section or Category, (ii) enter a new piece of work in its place or (iii) receive credit note for the Cannes Lions Awards 2018.
8.1 Where not defined herein, capitalised terms in this Official Policy shall have the meaning given to them in the Festival's Terms and Conditions. For ease, however, some of the definitions used in this Official Policy are reproduced below:
- Cannes Lions Awards shall mean those awards which are determined by jury, and awarded during the Festival.
- Cannes Lions Special Awards shall mean the awards that are won by the calculation of points rather than awarded by a jury. The method of calculation of points is specified in these Rules for Special Awards.
- Entrant Company shall mean the Company that submits an Entry for consideration in the Festival. In the event that an Entry is shortlisted for, or wins, a Lion, the Entrant Company is the entity which receives any trophies or certificates awarded in the Cannes Lions Awards. However, the Entrant Company will not receive any points towards the Cannes Lions Special Awards unless they are also credited in one of the point-winning fields in the Entry form. The point-winning fields are as follows: Idea Creation, Media Placement, Production, PR.
- Entry shall mean the work submitted by an Entrant Company for consideration in the Festival.
- Entry Fee shall mean the money payable for an Entry, as detailed here.
- Festival shall mean the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, which is organised, managed and administered by Ascential Events and comprising of: (i) the Cannes Lions Awards and (ii) the Cannes Lions Special Awards.
- Lion shall mean those Lion awards given to an Entrant Company as a result of an Entry winning a Category or Section within the Cannes Lions Awards. References to types of Lion award (e.g Gold Lion, Silver Lion) are references to the specific rankings of Cannes Lions Awards.
- Rules shall mean those rules which govern the Festival and by which the Entrant Companies agree to be bound, comprising of: