Supercharge your creativity with Sir Fred
Sir Fred is a new kind of creative agency. Under the motto "We pull your brand from the hat" it offers a full suite of branding and creative solutions.
As well as offering design, communication and events solutions, the company is also expert at helping people become more creative. So with the help of Sir Fred Managing Director Francesca Rossi, they’ve pulled together three exercises to help bring creativity into your organisation.
Boy - Girl - Animal
1. Create a chart for your brief by choosing from a few complex categories. These can be anything. For example, a historical figure, city, piece of art, book, emotion, food, letter, colour, music, flower (or tree), animal, piece of fashion or an accessory.
2. For each category, you have to answer the following question: “What would my brief subject be if it was …?”
3. The more original the link, the more suitable the topics will be and the better the exercise.
4. Afterwards, each of you has to explain the link to the other participants.
1. When you receive a new brief, isolate all the keywords and find five linked words for each, separate keyword (keep it simple and focus on the real keywords here!).
2. Then everyone involved in the project has to describe these keywords without using any of the related words previously linked.
3. Each time someone makes a mistake, another word is added to the linked words list, making the job a little bit harder!
Sing It Out Loud
1. Read your brief out loud or to yourself and create a poem (or even a nursery rhyme!), one line at a time
2. The further you go, the more fun it is and the better your results will be!
3. This is an incredible mental exercise for all to engage in!