The rules for entering
This helpful summary is only a guide to the key rules for entering. It is not a substitute for reading the full Rules, which can be found here.
1. The entry has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 March 2017 and 30 April 2018 (If only part of the campaign falls into this window, see Part A of the Rules for more information.)
2. The entry has been created within the context of a normal paying contract and genuine brief from a client OR, if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the client has approved all of the media/production/implementation.
3. You have permission to enter this entry from the commissioning client/brand-owning company. (We may request proof of this permission at any time.)
4. You have included the brand/client contact details in the entry including name, position and full contact details.
5. The entry has been submitted exactly as published/aired/released.
6. The entry is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
7. A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairman) from your company has given permission for this entry to be entered.
8. The entry was not entered to the same Lion last year. (You may be able to enter the entry into an alternative Lion, provided it meets the relevant eligibility requirements, including the eligibility period requirements.)
9. There is no reference to your agency or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials (except in the case of self-promotion) and all supporting case films and materials are correct and final versions. (These cannot be changed later.)
10. The entry, and/or case film can be understood in English. (For further information click here.)
11. You have entered the campaign into no more than six Lions.
12. You understand that, if you withdraw your entry after 22 March 2018, you will not receive a refund. Please see Part A of the Rules for more information on cancellations, refunds and withdrawals.
If you’re unable to meet all the requirements on this list, your entry may be ineligible for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2018. Failure to meet all these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.