Monday Night's Awards Show in 10
Quick facts from the Awards Show for PR, Promo & Activation, Print & Publishing, Outdoor and Glass
- Donald Trump has become a great “source” of controversial topics for brands or NGOs to leverage on – over 20 entries related to comments he’s made.
- It took just five minutes for the Outdoor jury to decide on one of this year’s Grand Prix winners.
- The Glass Lion jurors looked at campaigns that covered social challenges including domestic violence, breast cancer screening, female genital mutilation, female empowerment, infertility and human trafficking – all of which are challenging gender equity, equality and inclusion.
- The PR jurors spent more than 60 hours judging this year’s work, and stayed up till 2:30am to get it all done.
- But they do get to play with, try on and drink the supporting materials that’re sent to support some of the entries!
- They’ve been known to laugh, fight and cry all the way through judging, but most say they stay in touch long after the jury room doors close.
- The PR jurors spent 45-minutes debating one ethical aspect behind one campaign this year.
- Outdoor Jury President Bruno Bertelli noted that “for the first time, men and women were equally balanced and the conversation was consequently more open, with more points of view.
- Inspiring, humbling, diverse, eye-opening and insightful are just some of the ways jurors from Glass, PR, Outdoor, Promo & Activation and Print & Publishing described their jury room experiences.
- The proceeds from this year’s Glass: Lion for Change will be donated equally between UN women and the Geena Davis Institute for Gender in Media.