These terms and conditions were issued on 2 April 2019.
- These terms and conditions (including Sections A to E) govern the purchase and use of the following services in relation to the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity (the “Festival”):
- access to the online streaming service known as the Cannes Lions Digital Pass (the “Cannes Lions Digital Pass”); and
- the following standard delegate passes (which do not include access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass):
- Lions Health;
- Lions Health Young Lion;
- Lions Health Student; and
(each a “Delegate Pass”);
c. the following Complete passes (which include access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass):
- Complete Gold;
- Complete Platinum;
- Complete Young Lion;
- Complete Student; and
- CMO Accelerator Programme
(each a “Complete Pass”); and
d. a yacht pass (a “Yacht Pass”, and together with a Cannes lions Digital Pass, Delegate Pass and Complete Pass, a “Pass”).
- Each Pass is made available by Ascential Events (Europe) Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registration number 07814172 and whose registered office is at c/o Ascential Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London, W1B 5AP ("Cannes Lions").
- Access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass is through the website www.canneslions.com/digital-pass (the “Website”).
- Subject to completion of the relevant order in accordance with these terms and conditions, each Cannes Lions Digital Pass gives the named user access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass from the date on which it is live (which is expected to be 17 June 2019 inclusive) or, if later, the date on which your order is confirmed to the date falling 2 weeks after that date (the “Term”).
- A Yacht Pass number is required by the Port of Cannes for all yacht berthing applications. The number can be requested via email@example.com. Please refer to Clauses 94 to 98 of these terms and conditions for more details on the yacht pass and the harbour.
- The purchase and use of each Pass shall be subject to these terms and conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions of business, including any purchase order that the delegate or user may provide.
SECTION A – GENERAL PROVISIONS
- You may request a Pass by completing the online order form and submitting it via the Pass Manager section of your My Account area.
- All requests for a Pass are subject to availability. If you have completed your order request correctly in accordance with these terms and conditions, if there is availability and if you have made the requisite pre-payment (or provided us with credit/debit card details and authorisation to deduct payment) a confirmation email will be sent to you within 5 working days from receipt of your request. Your order is confirmed (a “Confirmed Order”) when we send this email. If there is no availability we will send you an email within 5 working days from receipt of your request informing you that this is the case (an “Order Rejection”).
PRICES AND PAYMENT
- Prices are set out on the Website. Payment may be made in Euros (or such other currency as stipulated on the Website) by either (i) credit or debit card, or (ii) bank transfer. Subject to Clause 10, payment must be made, or credit/debit card details and authorisation to deduct payment given, at the time you submit your order form. Please inform us at the time of your request if you require an invoice in respect of your order. Invoices only refer to the currency in which payment has been made.
- Prices may change from time to time. If the price of a Pass increases or decreases before you receive a Confirmed Order we will notify you and ask you to confirm whether you wish to proceed with your order based on the revised price.
- All prices are:
- exclusive of sales taxes (including, but not limited to Vat and/or TVA); and
- subject to local taxes (where appropriate) which may not be deducted from any payments due.
- Where you receive an Order Rejection we will (to the extent that you have made payment) refund your payment within a reasonable time from the date of the Order Rejection.
- If you wish to pay by bank transfer please use the bank account details below which correspond to the currency you are paying with. You are responsible for paying all bank charges. If bank charges are not paid by you your order may be refused. A payment reference should be included with your payment.
Credit/Debit Cards - We accept all major credit and debit cards.
BACS - You are able to transfer funds directly into our bank account:
Account Name: CANNES LIONS EUR
Bank Details: National Westminster Bank, City of London Office, London, EC2R 8PA
Account Number: 42037751
Sort Code: 60-00-01
Swift Code: NWBKGB2L
IBAN Number: GB80NWBK60721442037751
- Once the transfer has been made, you will need to scan and email proof of payment/bank transfer confirmation, quoting your company name and REFCL/ order reference number, to our Finance Team in order to complete your booking.
- From Thursday 6 June 2019, it will no longer be possible to make payment by bank transfer and we will be accepting payment online by credit card only, or you can choose to pay at the Festival. At the Festival, you can pay in cash (in euros) or by credit card. Please note an admin fee of €90 + TVA will apply per pass, if you choose to pay at the Festival.
From Sunday 16 June 2019, you will no longer be able to choose to pay at the Festival. It will only be possible to pay by credit card online; however, you can still purchase a Pass upon arrival at the Festival if you have not registered online. Please note a walk-up fee of €90 + TVA will apply per pass, if you choose to register upon arrival at the Festival.
- A walk-up fee of €90 + TVA will apply to all Passes purchased upon arrival at the Festival.
- If you require the hard copy of your invoice then you must request it from our Finance Team by email. We cannot re-issue invoices. Invoices only refer to the currency in which payment has been made. You may, in certain circumstances, be able to reclaim any TVA which you have paid. We do not refund TVA.
- When you request a Pass online you will be given a unique username and/or password giving you access to your account (your “Account”). You must keep your username and password confidential at all time as you are responsible for all activities undertaken through your Account.
- You agree to log-off from Account at the end of each session and to email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorised use or disclosure of your username/password and/or Account. We cannot and are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- The user shall be liable for access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass through their Account and shall indemnify Cannes Lions from and against all costs, losses or expenses resulting from any unauthorised use of a user name and/or password or Account by any unnamed user or third party.
- The user agrees that a single user name and password shall be made available to each user, and not made available to multiple users (i.e. no sharing of user names and passwords). Breach of this Clause 21 shall be considered a material breach of these terms and conditions.
- If you choose to add-on a companion to a Pass, they must be a spouse or spousal equivalent. Companion add-ons are not suitable for business partners, clients or colleagues. All companions must be approved by Cannes Lions. A companion will be entitled to attend applicable Festival parties and awards shows (e.g. Lions Health awards if you have a Pass which includes Lions Health). Please note that a companion will not have full access to the Festival (talks, exhibitions, screenings etc.).
- General: Cannes Lions agrees that it will take appropriate technical and organisational measures against the accidental, unlawful or unauthorised processing, destruction, loss, damage or disclosure of personal data received or used in fulfilling its obligations under these terms and conditions. In these terms and conditions personal data is as defined by all laws and regulations (as updated, amended or replaced from time to time) applicable to such data.
- Communications: We will use email addresses provided to us to send delegates important Festival information, including but not limited to, speaker announcements, programme updates and invitations to special Festival events, that we believe will enhance their Festival experience. All delegates will have the option to opt out of communications.
- Cannes delegate listing (not applicable to users who only access the Cannes Lions Digital Pass): To further enable networking among delegates at the Festival, we will share your name, job title, company name and country or city where you are based (the “Delegate Information”) with other delegates, third parties and sponsors via our secure networking service.
- Access (not applicable to users who only access the Cannes Lions Digital Pass): All registered delegates who have opted in will appear on the delegate listing once the service has been made live, which enables other registered delegates (via a login) to contact you prior to and during the Festival. Access will be made available to participating delegates via the official Cannes Lions Festival mobile app.
- You are in control (not applicable to users who only access the Cannes Lions Digital Pass): Delegates’ email address and telephone numbers will not be made public through the delegate listing or otherwise. If a delegate chooses to message another delegate, the message will be sent from the delegate’s profile. If a delegate chooses to reply, further communication will continue through the delegates’ chat function. All delegates can opt out on the delegate registration form or by emailing email@example.com. If a delegate opts out, this will disable contact from other delegates and deny access to the delegate listing. Their Delegate Information will not be visible on the delegate listing. After the Festival, the delegate listing will be discontinued and all Delegate Information will be removed from the listing.
- Reservation of rights (not applicable to users who only access the Cannes Lions Digital Pass): Cannes Lions reserves the right to deny access and remove any delegates from the delegate listing for inappropriate use. You agree to use the delegate listing respectfully and solely to network, exchange ideas and contact details where appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE FESTIVAL AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, due to acts of God, severe weather, fire, explosion, military or terrorist acts (or threats of any such acts), any industrial action or widespread illness) to alter the advertised content, timing and/or location of the Festival or to cancel the Festival. We reserve the right to do this at any time and we shall not be liable to you for any cost or other expenses (including, without limitation, wasted costs and expenses) incurred by you and/or your delegate(s) as a consequence (including, without limitation, Pass fees and travel and accommodation expenses).
- With respect to a Delegate Pass or a Complete Pass only, any requests to replace one delegate for another must be made via the “My Account” area of the Website. An administration fee applies as follows:
- Until Midnight GMT Thursday 28 February 2019: delegates and Young Lions (incl. Complete, Networking, Lions Health and Young Lions passes) will be charged €150 + TVA per name change completed online; students (incl. Complete Student and Lions Health Student) will be charged €90 + TVA per name change completed online. No exceptions will be made.
- From 00.01 GMT Friday 1 March to Midnight GMT Friday 31 May 2019: delegates and Young Lions (incl. Complete, Networking, Lions Health and Young Lions passes) will be charged €220 + TVA per name change completed online; students (incl. Complete Student and Lions Health Student) will be charged €120 + TVA per name change completed online. No exceptions will be made.
- From 00.01 GMT Saturday 1 June 2019: delegates and Young Lions (incl. Complete, Networking, Lions Health and Young Lions passes) will be charged €280 + TVA per name change completed online; students (incl. Complete Student and Lions Health Student) will be charged €120 + TVA per name change completed online. No exceptions will be made.
- Before Sunday 16 June 2019, it will be possible to make a name change to a Delegate Pass or a Complete Pass, online via the “My Passes” section of your “My Account” area of the Website. Name changes will not be accepted once a badge has been collected at the Festival.
- From Sunday 16 June 2019, it will no longer be possible to make a name change to a Delegate Pass or a Complete Pass online via the “My Passes” section of your “My Account” area of the Website. Name changes will be accepted at the registration area of the Festival, if the badge has not already been collected.
- Cancellations must be made via the “My Passes” section of your “My Account” area. Cancellations of all Passes are not eligible for a refund or for credit against the current or future Festivals. This policy also applies to Digital Passes, Yacht Passes, Complete Passes and Delegate Pass downgrades.
- It will be possible to request an upgrade to a Complete Pass or a Delegate Pass (e.g. from a “Networking pass” to a “Complete pass” or vice versa respectively), from the “My Passes” section of your “My Account” area of our Website. Additional fees will apply to Complete Pass or Delegate Pass upgrades. It will be possible to request a downgrade by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, however no refunds or credit for the current or future Festivals will be given for Complete Pass or Delegate Pass downgrades.
- No refunds or credits for the current or future Festivals will be given for non-attendance at the Festival.
- All rights in all presentations, documentation and materials published or otherwise made available as part of the Festival (including but not limited to any audio or audio-visual recording of the Festival) (“Content”) is owned by us or is included with the permission of the owner of the rights. No: (i) photography, filming or recording; or (ii) republication, broadcast or other dissemination of the Content is permitted without our prior written consent. You shall not distribute, reproduce, modify, store, transfer or in any other way use any of the Content (save that use by the relevant delegate for internal business purposes shall be permitted) without our prior written consent, and in particular (but without limitation) you shall not (and shall procure that each of your delegates shall not) without our prior written consent:
- upload any Content into any shared system;
- include any Content in a database;
- include any Content in a website or on any intranet;
- transmit, re-circulate or otherwise make available any Content to anyone else;
- make any commercial use of the Content whatsoever; or
- use Content in any way that might infringe third party rights or that may bring us or any of our affiliates into disrepute.
- The Content does not necessarily reflect our views or opinions.
- Suggestions or advice contained in the Content should not be relied upon in place of professional or other advice. Whilst we take reasonable care to ensure that the Content created by us is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You should verify the accuracy of any information (whether supplied by us or third parties) before relying on it. The Content is provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind (express or implied). We hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liabilities, costs, claims, damages, losses and/or expenses arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the Content or arising from any infringing, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material in the Content.
- To the extent that any Content is made available by us online we reserve the right to suspend or remove access to such Content at any time.
- The Cannes Lions trophies are the intellectual property, including copyright, design rights and trademark rights, of Cannes Lions. Cannes Lions have the exclusive right to and not limited to, reproduce, manufacture, copy, and sell the Cannes Lions trophies in any size or medium, and to distribute or exploit the design of the Lion or reproductions of same by gift, sale, re-sale or licence. No reproduction, replica or other copy of the Cannes Lions trophies may be made or used by any manufacturer, advertiser, organisation or individual except in accordance with these terms unless you have the prior express written consent or license from Cannes Lions.
- Cannes Lions brings together creative views, market experts, global brands and tech gurus, along with the awards honouring the industry’s game-changing ideas. Organisations present in Cannes during the Festivals are asked to share responsibility and agree to the following conditions of participation.
- By hosting an event in Cannes during the Festivals you agree that:
- you shall not, directly or indirectly, organise, fund or sponsor any conflicting or competing activity in Cannes during the Festivals unless your company/organisation is permitted to do so for the Festival and it is acting in conjunction with Cannes Lions;
- you shall not, directly or indirectly, engage in activities that are identical or similar to those conducted by Cannes Lions during the Festivals, or that otherwise takes commercial advantage, or is parasitic of the Festivals, its brand, trademark or goodwill;
- you shall not entice Festival delegates, sponsors or speakers away from the Festivals with the intention of presenting your own competitive commercial activities which run contrary to the Festivals or are to their detriment or engage them to participate in, support your event or competitive commercial activity which undermines or damages the Festivals;
- you shall not use the name, trademarks or logos of the Festivals or the Lions business name to promote your event or competitive commercial activity without our prior written consent or licence; and
- you shall not engage in promotional or branding activities, including but not limited to the distribution of leaflets, brochures or flyers whether before, during or after the Festivals unless agreed in writing with Cannes Lions.
- We are happy to assist in and support your company, the organisation, co-ordination and support of your private events. Email email@example.com for benefits of the Cannes Lions Events opportunities.
- We reserve the right to procure the cancellation of any event that you host or manage, whether before, during or after the Festivals, that is in breach of any of the terms of Clause 43 without any liability to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that damages to Cannes Lions brands, goodwill and reputation are reasonably foreseeable consequences of a breach by you of Clause 43.
- Cannes Lions accepts no liability to you and will not pay any compensation where the performance of their obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond their reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism (or threats of such acts), fire, failure of electric power, failure of hardware or software, cyber security attacks or any collapse of building structures.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Cannes Lions accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage suffered by you in connection with the Festival or your Accommodation, including without limitation any loss or damage to any property left in your Accommodation.
- Cannes Lions will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or pure economic loss or any loss of profit, goodwill or opportunity (whether caused by the negligence of Cannes Lions or its employees, contractors or agents or otherwise).
- Cannes Lions’s aggregate liability to you in respect of all losses, liabilities or damage suffered by you arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or your attendance at the Festival, howsoever arising and whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action or otherwise, will not exceed the value of the Pass.
- Nothing contained in these terms or conditions or in any other document referred to or incorporated in it shall be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by Cannes Lions’s negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
- You will ensure that we, our staff and our affiliates will not suffer or incur any loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from or in connection with any act or omission by you (including anyone acting on your behalf) during or otherwise in relation to the Festival or your Accommodation.
- The terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any previous agreement in relation to such subject matter.
- You acknowledge that in purchasing a Pass and/or Booking any associated Accommodation you have not relied on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall not create, nor shall they be construed as creating, any partnership or agency relationship between us.
- You accept that communication with us may be electronic. We may contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our Website. You agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all such communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal or contractual requirement that such communication be made in writing.
- Save as set out expressly in these terms and conditions you are not permitted to re-sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under these terms and conditions.
- Cannes Lions may update these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. We will post any changes on the Website. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure they review these terms and conditions regularly to familiarise themselves with any changes. Continued use of a Pass shall constitute acceptance of the new terms and conditions.
- If there is a dispute between the user and Cannes Lions concerning these terms and conditions, the parties will use all reasonable endeavours to act reasonably and settle the matter as appropriate. Nothing in this Clause 60 shall prevent either party from seeking interim or injunctive relief.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid the invalidity of that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of it, which shall remain valid and enforceable.
- No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions, shall have any rights under or in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 and the rights of the parties to terminate, rescind or agree any variation, waiver or settlement under these terms and conditions shall not be subject to the consent of any third party.
- No failure or delay by Cannes Lions to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts the user’s statutory rights as a consumer (where applicable).
- Delegates are informed that all exhibits for the Festival are strictly for the purpose of criticism and review only and do not constitute any recommendation, endorsement or promotion of the products or services featured therein by Cannes Lions, any of its affiliates, or otherwise. Nothing contained in the exhibits represents the views or opinions of Cannes Lions or its affiliates, or otherwise and no reliance should be placed on any part of the exhibits other than for the purpose of evaluation as an entry to the Festival. Cannes Lions and its affiliates do not accept liability of any kind in respect of the exhibits or any product or service referred to in the exhibits.
SECTION B – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO ATTENDANCE
- We ask that all delegates behave respectfully towards their fellow delegates and Festival staff. Delegates must not do anything which: (a) may bring the Festival or Cannes Lions into disrepute; or (b) be prejudicial to the image and/or reputation of the Festival or the Cannes Lions. Delegates must: (i) comply with all reasonable instructions given by Festival staff, including without limitation in relation to health and safety; (ii) not do anything that would or is likely to endanger other delegates, Festival staff or the general public; and (iii) comply with all local laws, rules and regulations (including, without limitation, alcohol licensing laws and rules and regulations on the use of unmanned drones).
- Please collect your badge for the Festival from the registration area indicated in your booking confirmation email.
- Badges must be worn at all times during the Festival. Badges are valid for the booked delegate only and must not be misused. Badges remain the property of Cannes Lions. We reserve the right to deny access to the Festival or confiscate badges where we consider that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions (including without limitation, Clause 66 (Conduct) above).
- We will not replace lost or stolen badges. Defacing and/or creating copies of a badge is a breach of these terms and conditions and will be treated as fraud.
- Name changes will not be accepted once a badge has been collected.
AWARDS SHOWS AND CLOSING PARTY
- Awards shows and the Closing Party can be accessed with your delegate badge and are included in some delegate packages. It is not possible to purchase additional access for individual awards shows or to the Closing Party. Access to award shows and to the Closing Party will not be possible without a delegate badge.
- You must be aged 18 or over to access the applicable Festival parties. Cannes Lions reserves the right to check a delegate’s form of identification (e.g. driving licence or passport) upon arrival at the Festival parties and to deny access to anybody who is under 18.
FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY AT THE FESTIVAL
- Please note that we may film or take photographs of the Festival. When we are filming, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that delegates that may be in shot are aware (for example, by putting up filming notices). By entering an area where filming or photography is taking place, you are deemed to consent to being filmed or photographed. You grant us a licence (which means permission) to use, edit, reproduce, record, modify, enhance, encode, translate, distribute, play, perform, make available to other users, prepare derivative works of and to display your image and/or your contribution to the film or your photograph (your “Contribution”) (with or without advertising and sponsorship) by any media or methods whether now known or later developed. This licence may be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world at any time.
- You agree that this licence is: perpetual (which means it lasts forever); royalty-free (which means we won't pay for the permission either now or in the future); and transferable (which means we can transfer the licence to others). You agree that we can sub-license this licence (which means we can grant an equivalent permission to others which may include without limitation our group companies and advertisers or sponsors). You irrevocably and unconditionally waive, in respect of your Contribution, all moral rights to which you may be entitled and any broadly equivalent rights in any territory of the world. This waiver is made in favour of us but shall also extend to our sub-licensees, assignees and successors in title.
SECTION C – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO ACCOMMODATION
(NOT APPLICABLE TO USERS OF THE CANNES LIONS DIGITAL PASS).
Please read this Section C carefully before booking accommodation via the Website. These are the current terms and conditions of our accommodation partner b network, which are reproduced here for your convenience only.
- B network Accommodation terms and conditions: Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking accommodation via b network. When you make a purchase via b network, you agree to accept these terms and conditions.
- Accommodation General Information: Accommodation (including hotel room(s), apartment(s) or studio(s) ("Accommodation") for official delegates attending the Festival can be booked (a "Booking") through B Network SAS, a company incorporated in France whose registered office is Rue Raphaël 1, 06400 Cannes, France ("b network"). B network is an official partner of the Festival. B network can only be contacted via the via the official Cannes Lions website (the “Website”) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel owner or Accommodation provider (the "Hotel") is responsible for delivering your Accommodation to you, not b network or Cannes Lions. Any booking made independently outside of the Website and b network booking service is not the responsibility of b network or Cannes Lions. Bookings can only be made through the Website once your official registered delegate pass has been purchased.
- Accommodation Eligibility: Please note that:
- reservations can only be made and confirmed by or on behalf of official Festival delegates who have completed registrations online.
- Bookings are confirmed only once full payment is received for both the registered delegate passes with Cannes Lions and the Accommodation for said delegates with b network.
- the b network booking system contains details of Accommodation which has been pre-approved by b network and is located in or around Cannes.
- Accommodation Payment Options: B network accepts payment by credit card (American Express, MasterCard or Visa) or bank transfer. A 2% administrative fee will apply to all payments. There are three payment options available:
- Credit card payment: reserved rooms must be paid for in full at the time of booking, confirmation will be provided by email.
- Bank transfer: reserved rooms must be paid for in full within five working days of booking. Any booking made from 16 May 2019 onwards to the conclusion of the Festival, must be paid in full within two working days of booking.
- Individual payments: The full amount for reserved rooms can be paid for separately by using methods (a) and (b) above and in accordance with the same payment terms as above.
Your reservation will not be confirmed until the full amount in cleared funds for the reserved rooms is received by b network. If your payment is not received within the timeline stipulated above, your room(s) may be released back into the booking system for resale. No exceptions will be made to the payment terms set out in this Clause 78. You can choose to prepay in full your Accommodation by selecting the option “Full Prepayment” when booking online. You will be able to settle the full cost of your stay, including the room rate, daily breakfast and city tax.
- Accommodation Cancellations & Cancellation Charges: Accommodation cancellations must be communicated to b network in writing via email to: email@example.com. Telephone cancellations are not accepted. Cancellation charges may apply in the event of cancellation as stipulated below. Please see Clause  of these terms and conditions for separate terms that apply to cancellation of Group Bookings.
- Accommodation Name Change Policy (non-Group Bookings): Name changes for Accommodation can only be made once names on the delegate pass have been amended. See Clauses [31 and 32] of the General Cannes Lions Terms and Conditions [i.e. Clauses 29 and 30 above] for details of how to change names on the delegate pass and the charges that apply. Name changes for Accommodation from 1 June 2019 onwards are at the discretion of the Hotel and are subject to availability.
- Accommodation Cancellation Policy (non-Group Bookings): Please note that the administrative fees (2% of the total amount paid) are non-refundable regardless of when you cancel.
- In case of cancellation or a shortened stay request received before 01 March 2019, 10% of the total amount paid for your Accommodation will be kept as a cancellation fee and 90% refunded via the original method of payment. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
- In case of cancellation or a shortened stay request received between 02 March and 14 April 2019, 50% of the amount total paid for your Accommodation will be kept as a cancellation fee and 50% refunded via your original method of payment. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
- In case of cancellation or a shortened stay request received between 15 April and 13 May 2019, 80% of the deposit paid for your Accommodation will be kept as a cancellation fee and 20% refunded via your original method of payment. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
- In case of cancellation or a shortened stay request received from 14 May 2019 onwards, 100% of the total amount paid will be retained and no refund will be permitted. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
Rooms that are left unoccupied 48 hours after the check-in date will be released back to the Hotel and no refund will apply.
- Accommodation Reservation Changes:
- All reservation changes can be made through the “My Reservation" area in your Account. Changes will be confirmed by b network within 1 working day and are subject to availability.
- Please kindly note that the name on the pass is linked to the name on the Booking and therefore you must change the name of your pass to enable your Booking to update. Please refer to the name change policy at Clause  above (for non-Group Bookings) or at Clause  below (for Group Bookings).
- Accommodation Minimum Stay Policy: The minimum stay, or minimum number of night's payable, depends on the dates required and the type of Accommodation booked:
If the stay includes: Minimum stay to be paid:
Saturday 15 June: 2 nights
Sunday 16 June: 4 nights
Monday 17 June: 4 nights
Tuesday 18 June: 4 nights
Wednesday 19 June: 3 nights
Thursday 20 June: 2 nights
Please kindly note that some hotels may require a longer minimum stay on some of the above dates. In such cases, this will be indicated in the room rate section of the hotel. For apartment rentals, the minimum stay can vary from four to seven-night minimum stay, this is indicated in the apartment description.
- Accommodation Invoicing Process:
- b network collects pre-payment for all Accommodation reservations.
- Payments will then be transferred in full to the relevant Hotel(s) (minus the 2% administrative fee).
- b network will provide a confirmation including a summary of the rooms reserved for you and the amount to be paid to confirm them.
- You will receive an Accommodation confirmation upon receipt of the full payment but you will not be provided with an official invoice from b network for your Accommodation. Your payment to b network will appear as a deduction on the final invoice be issued by your Hotel (or agency if applicable) upon check out. The balance due on the final invoice will have to be settled directly with your Hotel (or agency) before departure (in case of direct extensions, meals, extras etc.).
- You can receive from b network an official receipt/invoice for the 2% administrative fee, upon request.
- Please address any specific invoicing details or requests to b network directly and they will be communicated to the Accommodation providers accordingly. TVA will be applied to all invoices.
- Accommodation Complaints procedure: All complaints and claims which you make in relation to the Accommodation are to be directed to (and are the responsibility of) the Hotel.
- Accommodation for Group Bookings: Clauses 76 to 85 of these terms and conditions apply to Group Bookings, except as set out in this Clause 86 and Clauses 87,88 and 89
A group booking ("Group Booking") is a Booking that consists of at least 10 or more delegates who have asked to be treated as a group (no individual payment). Delegates names must be added and registered to passes prior to being allocated to rooms. A Group Booking allocation will only be confirmed and on hold until the signed agreement of the full allocation and terms and conditions is sent to your Cannes Lions contact.
- Accommodation Payment Schedule (Group Bookings): Your room block will not be confirmed until the full amount in cleared funds for the reserved rooms is received by b network. If your payment is not received within the timeline stipulated below, your room(s) may be released back into the booking system for resale.
You are requested to pay for your room block in full, including all the nights. The payment of the daily city tax is mandatory and will be automatically added to the payment requested. You can choose to prepay also the daily breakfast for your delegates, this option is on demand only.
In order to be confirmed, all the nights and rooms requested before 15 February 2019 will have to be fully prepaid by 28 February 2019.
In order to be confirmed, all the nights and rooms requested/added between 16 February 2019 and 14 April 2019 will have to be fully prepaid within a 15 days maximum delay.
In order to be confirmed, all the nights and rooms requested/added between 15 April 2019 and 14 May 2019 will have to be fully prepaid within a 7 days maximum delay.
In order to be confirmed, all the nights and rooms requested/added from 15 May 2019 onward will have to be fully prepaid within a 48h00 maximum delay.
All the rooms within a Group Booking allocation that are not fully prepaid by close of business on the 15 May 2019 will be cancelled and released back to the booking system for resale.
- Accommodation Name Change Policy (Group Bookings):
- Name changes for both passes and/or Accommodation for Group Bookings are permitted up to Midnight GMT 31 May 2019 free of charge.
- Name changes for passes can be made from 1 June 2019 at a charge of €280 + TVA for delegates and Young Lions (incl. Complete, Networking, Lions Health and Young Lions passes) and €120 + TVA for Students (incl. Complete Student and Lions Health Student).
- Name changes for Accommodation from 1 June 2019 onwards are at the discretion of the Hotel.
- Accommodation Cancellation Policy (Group Bookings):
Cancellations must be communicated to b network in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation charges may apply as stipulated below.
- For any cancellation of night(s) received before 27 February 2019, 10% of the deposit paid for the night(s) cancelled will be kept as a cancellation fee and 90% refunded via the original method of payment. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
- For any cancellation of night(s) received between 28 February and the 14 April 2019, 50% of the deposit paid for the night(s) cancelled will be kept as a cancellation fee and 50% refunded via the original method of payment. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
- For any cancellation of night(s) received between 15 April and 13 May 2019, 80% of the deposit paid for the night(s) cancelled will be kept as a cancellation fee and 20% refunded via the original method of payment. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
- For any cancellation of night(s) received from 14 May 2019 onwards, the deposit paid for the night(s) cancelled will be kept in full as a cancellation fee. Cancellation fees cannot be used to credit another Booking or another night and are non-refundable.
Please note that administrative fees (2% of the total amount paid) are non-refundable regardless of when you cancel. Rooms that are left unoccupied 48 hours after the check-in date will be released back to the Hotel and no refund will apply.
- Accommodation Force Majeure: The Festival or b network accepts no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, computers, cyber security attacks or any collapse of building structures.
- Accommodation Limitation of Liability: The Festival and/or b network will not be responsible for the loss or damage whatsoever including any to any property left in the hotel or Accommodation. The Festival will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or pure economic loss or any loss of profit, goodwill or opportunity (whether caused by the negligence of the Festival, its employees, contractors or agents or otherwise). b network’s total liability shall not exceed the value of the Accommodation paid under the terms and conditions. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or in any other document referred to or incorporated in it shall be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by the Festival’s negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Accommodation Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with it are governed by English law. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising in connection with the terms and conditions, including disputes relating to any non-contractual obligations. Each party irrevocably waives any objection which it may now or later have to proceedings being brought in the English courts (on the grounds that the English courts are not a convenient forum or otherwise).
- Accommodation Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Festival, b network and delegates in relation to the booking system operated by b network for booking accommodation to attend the Festival.
SECTION D – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO YACHT PASSES
YACHT PASSES AND HARBOUR
- Unless otherwise agreed between us, the standard Yacht Pass package will include five Complete Passes for the Festival.
- If you buy a Yacht Pass, you will be eligible to request a berth from the Port of Cannes on the Quai d’Honneur during the Festival period. Spaces on the Quai d’Honneur are limited and allocated on first come first served basis.
- The Yacht Pass does not guarantee the berth nor include its fees. This needs to be organised with the Port of Cannes and paid for separately. Please go to the CCI Riviera Ports website for more information http://www.riviera-ports.com/en/cannes-berths-during-events. Please be mindful of the official process for berth applications and take care when submitting your documents to ensure your submission complies with the CCI’s procedure.
- The positioning of the berths is determined by the Port of Cannes through your reservation agent or captain. You will need to provide your Yacht Pass reference number to proceed with the application.
- As the Yacht Pass purchaser you are responsible for the health and safety of anybody using the yacht (including guests) during the Festival. You must take out and maintain adequate insurance policies in this regard.
SECTION E – ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO THE CANNES LIONS DIGITAL PASS
LICENCE FOR USE
- No rights whatsoever to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass are assigned or transferred to a user.
- The rights granted under these terms and conditions are granted to the user only and shall not be considered granted to any third party.
- Subject to payment of the fees and to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions, Cannes Lions hereby grants to the user a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Cannes Lions Digital Pass during the Term solely for the user’s personal use.
- Without prejudice to Clause 101 and except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion by agreement between the parties, the user shall NOT:
- reproduce, distribute, exploit or otherwise use all or part of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass for any commercial purposes (outside of the user’s personal use), including but not limited to reproduction of all or part of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass on products or within marketing or promotional materials (for the avoidance of doubt, users may not hold public screenings of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass with or without an entrance fee or broadcast the Cannes Lions Digital Pass via any means other than the Website);
- upload content from the Cannes Lions Digital Pass into any shared system or any database, website or intranet;
- use all or any part of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass to build a product or service which competes with the Cannes Lions Digital Pass, the Website or any other product of Cannes Lions or any of its associated companies;
- attempt to obtain or assist any third parties in attempting or obtaining unauthorised access to Cannes Lions Digital Pass;
- scrape, extract, download, upload, sell or offer for sale any of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass and user agrees not to use, or cause to be used, any computerised or other manual or automated program or mechanism, tool, or process, including any scraper or spider robot, to access, extract, download, scrape, data mine, display, transmit, or publish, any of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass. User must not bypass robot exclusion headers or other similar measures that Cannes Lions may use to restrict access to, or caching of, the Cannes Lions Digital Pass;
- attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass or to monitor use of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass without Cannes Lions’s prior written permission;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Cannes Lions Digital Pass infrastructure;
- decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer or try to reconstruct or discover any source code or underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or programming or interoperability interfaces within the Cannes Lions Digital Pass (except that these restrictions only apply to the extent permitted by law);
- use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the Cannes Lions Digital Pass architecture or extract information about usage, individual identities or users; or
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass including any features designed to prevent, limit or restrict use or copying of any of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass.
- Cannes Lions may track use of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions.
- Without incurring any liability to the user, and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies available to it, if Cannes Lions has reasonable cause to believe that the user has breached the provisions of these terms and conditions it shall be entitled to disable the user’s access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass while it investigates if there has been a breach. If Cannes Lions, acting reasonably, determines that there has been a breach, it shall be entitled to terminate the user’s use of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass without a refund.
- The user shall indemnify and hold harmless Cannes Lions and its directors and officers from and against all costs, claims, damages, expenses, claims and losses that may be incurred as a result of a breach of any of the provisions of Clause 102 of these terms and conditions.
- Cannes Lions shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide reliable access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass, provided that Cannes Lions does not undertake or warrant that access to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass will be uninterrupted. If you have any problems accessing or using the service please see our FAQs. If the FAQs do not resolve your problem, please email email@example.com.
- From time to time, Cannes Lions or its service providers may:
- temporarily suspend for emergency repair, maintenance or improvement, all or part of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass without notice; and/or
- vary the technical specification of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass for operational or any other reason provided that there is no material detriment to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass.
- The user acknowledges that there are special risks attached to the transmission of information by electronic, online or similar means and that Cannes Lions is not responsible for the loss or corruption of information in transmission by these means.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The user acknowledges that because of the number of sources from which Cannes Lions obtains content used in the Cannes Lions Digital Pass, Cannes Lions does not give any warranties in respect of the content of the Lions Digital Pass.
- Cannes Lions Digital Pass is provided on an “as is” basis without guarantee of accuracy, timeliness or completeness. All implied warranties or conditions of satisfactory quality, and fitness for a particular purpose are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The user is solely responsible for ensuring that the Cannes Lions Digital Pass is appropriate and suitable for its needs.
- The user agrees that the Cannes Lions Digital Pass is made available only for general information and is not intended to address particular requirements or interests of the user and the user acknowledges that the fees are priced accordingly.
- Without prejudice to the general provisions of Clause 47 to 51, with respect to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass, Cannes Lions shall not be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way for: (a) loss of profits; (b) loss of business; (c) depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; (d) loss of anticipated savings; (e) loss of goods; (f) loss of contract; (g) loss of use; (h) loss or corruption of data or information; (i) business interruption; (j) any kind of special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses; (k) loss or damage that arise as a result of the use of all or part of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass in breach of these terms and conditions; (l) loss or damage arising as a result of any error, omission, inaccuracy or third party right infringement, in any part of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass where such error, omission, inaccuracy or third party infringement is caused by any third party content; and/or (m) loss or damage to a computer, software, modem, telephone or other property.
- If, notwithstanding any other provisions of these terms and conditions, Cannes Lions is held liable to the user for any reason, Cannes Lions’ aggregate liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by the user arising out of or in connection with use of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way, shall not exceed the fees paid by the user in relation to the Cannes Lions Digital Pass during the 12 months preceding the date on which the claim arose.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit Cannes Lions’ liability for death or personal injury resulting from Cannes Lions’ negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Cannes Lions shall be entitled to terminate a user’s use of the Cannes Lions Digital Pass with immediate effect if the user breaches these terms and conditions.
- On expiry or termination of these terms and conditions for any reason, the user shall stop using the Cannes Lions Digital Pass.
- Termination of these terms and conditions shall not affect the accrued rights of the parties.
- Notwithstanding termination, the following Clauses shall remain in force: 48 to 52 (Limitation of Liability) and 113 and 115 inclusive (Limitation of Liability); and those other clauses which are expressly or by implication intended to survive termination.